The need for highly trained campus public safety leaders and strategic managers at our nation’s colleges and universities has never been greater.
The MS in Higher Education Administration with a concentration in Campus Public Safety is an innovative 40-credit program that combines on-the-ground and online education with hands-on learning for individuals seeking to advance in this dynamic, critical field.
The only program of its kind in the United States, New England College’s goal is to prepare skilled campus public safety administrators who can address issues of today, and tomorrow.
The MSHEA-CPSA is designed for individuals new to campus public safety, experienced law enforcement professionals seeking to transition to campus public safety, and veteran campus public safety professionals eager to acquire advanced knowledge, and leadership and management skills.
The program integrates a variety of innovative learning methods, including case studies as well as problem-based, project-based, and collaborative learning to prepare exceptional campus safety practitioners to be leaders in the field.
Graduates of the MS in Higher Education Administration program will demonstrate:
- Identify and articulate implications of contemporary issues for higher education administration;
- Apply administrative, leadership, and management practices to the variety of organizational structures found in diverse institutions of higher education;
- Employ a broad range of higher education resources and scholarship in program planning, implementation, and assessment;
- Connect theory to practice, applying course learning to professional work experiences;
- Make data‐informed decisions and recommendations related to professional practice;
- Develop and hone effective personal and organizational leadership skills;
- Effectively advise and help students individual and in group settings;
- Develop skills and knowledge required to work with diverse individuals and organizations and foster inclusive communities;
- Demonstrate effective and inclusive written and oral communication skills, and;
- Think critically to identify, strategize, and solve issues within higher education.