2017-2018 Online Continuing Education Programs 
    Jun 09, 2023  
2017-2018 Online Continuing Education Programs [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Academic Policies in Continuing Education Programs

Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy  

Grading System: Letter grades and numerical point values are assigned as listed below:

Letter Grade Meaning Quality Points Per Credit
A   4.0
A‐   3.7
B+   3.3
B   3.0
B‐   2.7
C+ Unsatisfactory 2.3
C   2.0
C‐   1.7
D   1.0
D‐   0.7
F Failure 0
I Incomplete none
P Passing (B or higher) none
NR Below passing none
AU Audit none
ADW* Administrative Withdrawal none
ADI** Administrative  
  Incomplete none
W Withdrawal none
WD Withdrew from School none

* ADW (Administrative Withdrawal): This grade is submitted when a student attended the course infrequently prior to the last date to withdraw, failed to comply with the required procedure for withdrawal, and did not attend at all subsequent to the last date to withdraw. This grade is noted on permanent record, but not calculated in grade point average.

**ADI: Administrative Incomplete. This grade is submitted only in extraordinary circumstances when the instructor of record did not or could not turn in grades. A grade of ADI will be converted to a letter grade by the instructor of record as soon as conditions permit. When extreme circumstances, such as the death of a faculty member, make it impossible for him or her to convert the ADI, the VPAA will make the conversion in consultation with the affected students and appropriate faculty.

Calculation of Grade Point Average

To compute a student’s cumulative grade point average (GPA), numerical values are assigned to each letter grade as indicated above. Grades of I, P, NR, AU, ADW, ADI, W and WD are not used in grade point calculations. The sum of the grade points earned is divided by the number of GPA hours, resulting in the student’s cumulative GPA.

Final Grades

The decision of an instructor to award a grade is presumed to be final. Grades become a part of the student’s permanent record. Under ordinary circumstances, no one else within the College has the right to change an instructor’s grades.

A Student who believes that he/she has been graded inaccurately or wrongly must immediately bring this to the attention of his/her instructor. Should disagreement with the instructor ensue, the student may appeal the grade to the appropriate Associate Dean. The student must present the appeal in writing. The Associate Dean will review the information, consult with relevant parties, and make a determination. A student’s advisor may serve as an advocate during this process. As a last resort, the student may appeal the decision to the Dean of Graduate and Professional Studies.