Data Science uses business data from sources ranging from online dating, health care, transportation, industry, nuclear science, and many more to generate insights about populations and processes. Data science can be used to enhance productivity and increase profits, target medicines and treatments, optimize resource utilization, fight climate change, improve food production, and much more.
Students will learn to understand and apply the foundational concepts and methodologies that constitute data science from basic statistics to data visualization to machine learning for descriptive and predictive purposes. This program prepares students to work across diverse industries and organizations.
Who Should Enroll
The Master of Science in Data Science is useful for anyone with a bachelor’s degree, with or without experience, wishing to prepare for the emerging global opportunities in data science and business statistics.
- Fully online program
- 6 start times throughout the year
- 36 credit program
- Completed in 14 months
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Collect, clean, and transform data from a variety of sources into useful data to drive business decisions;
- Design and query databases to organize large amounts of data;
- Interpret data using a variety of statistical tools;
- Execute real-time analytics using stored and live datasets to quickly respond to customer needs;
- Communicate insights effectively using data visualization and reporting tools appropriate for diverse audiences.