Students in the program will be prepared to serve as expert witness, and learn the skills to detect, interpret, and prevent fraudulent activity. The forensic accounting degree prepares graduates to evaluate, review, describe, and present financial and business matters. Forensic Accountants are employed in a variety of settings including insurance companies, accounting firms, law offices, consulting firms specializing in risk consulting, law enforcement agencies, government organizations, and financial institutions.
This bachelor’s degree program may be completed in 4 years for students who carry a full course load of 30 credits per year. Students who complete eligible prerequisite courses may complete the program in 2 years by taking a full course load of 30 credits per year.
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Interpret changes in law, taxes, exchange rates and cultural attitudes and their influence on operations and profits
- Assess vulnerability to fraud
- Analyze and reconstruct financial records and digital information
- Investigate financial history of terrorists, spies, and criminals
- Gather evidence and assist in the execution of search warrants
- Assemble financial investigative reports
- Formulate strategies to protect financial assets from internal and external threats, including political issues and economic circumstances
*An accelerated BS and MS pathway may be available. Please consult with your program director for more information.