Mar 01, 2024
This program is no longer accepting applications. Please visit the Education page for additional graduate degree programs in education.
Teacher Licensure Pillars
Professionalism: Teacher licensure graduates demonstrate a professional code of conduct informed by ethical decision-making.
Pedagogy: Teacher licensure graduates use research to make informed decisions that are informative, responsive and creative.
Collaboration: Teacher licensure graduates provide and seek supportive feedback to promote their continued growth and improved performance in the profession.
Content Knowledge: Teacher licensure graduates apply content knowledge to reimagine possibilities, to solve problems, and to justify positive change.
Teacher Licensure Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and teaching enhancement.
- Practitioners are reflective and assume responsibility for their own professional development.
- Analyze engagement with learners using critical thinking skills that inform and continually improve practice
- Practitioners use appropriate language and symbols.
- Practitioners abide by the policies, procedures, and expectations where they learn and work.
- Apply learning as a means of becoming agents of change who can effectively and equitably identify and meet the needs of diverse learners and communities.
- Practitioners use appropriate language and symbols, verbally and non-verbally, to create safe learning environments.
- Practitioners facilitate, inspire, manage and monitor individual student and group learning.
- Demonstrate their ability to work and communicate effectively with others to understand, negotiate, and influence complex systems.
- Practitioners contribute and capitalize on being an active part of school and its greater community.
- Operationalize content knowledge to inform and inspire.
- Practitioners evidence 21st century knowledge and skills to meet and surpass national educator and content-area standards.