Game and Digital Media Design
The Bachelor of Science in Game and Digital Media Design develops the skills and expertise you will need to succeed in electronic gaming careers. Career paths include employment in public and private sector organizations, as well as “entertainment” or “serious” gaming applications.
This exciting program is cross-disciplinary, meaning you will learn about gaming and digital media design from several critically important points of view including digital imaging, technical computer skills using advanced computer-aided design software, and fundamental business management concepts to prepare you to succeed in a dynamic and entrepreneurial industry.
New England College’s BS in Game and Digital Media Design emphasizes engaged, hands-on learning and internships designed to build expertise and real world skills. You will produce interactive content within your first year of study, and internship opportunities are numerous.
Upon completion of the Game and Digital Media Design program, students will be able to:
- Design to develop, implement and evaluate game systems, process, or components.
- Practice current technologies, design principles, and tools necessary for game design and digital media development across a wide variety of platforms.
- Collaborate with team members to analyze a problem and define the appropriate solution while effectively communicating with different audiences.
- Recognize the professional, ethical, legal, security, social issues, and responsibilities related to game design and digital media.
- Develop a basic understanding of programming languages in order to give behavior to game assets, iterate and prototype game designs in game engines.
- Articulate issues related to small business management such as marketing, project management, and entrepreneurship.
- Practice the experiential learning activities from Game Development classes and a senior capstone project or internship to define the real-world electronic game development workflow used in the industry.