New England College offers a robust program of undergraduate, graduate and online continuing ed studies. Faculty work together closely to promote the integration of coursework and to build foundations for continued study and professional success. All disciplines and programs of New England College prepare undergraduate students for graduate study or for immediate entry into professional or pre‐professional positions and prepare graduate students for professions or advancement within professions. New England College’s departments, majors, minors, and other academic programs are housed in the following divisions:
The programs in the Division of Management provide opportunities to develop ethical and responsible citizens who appreciate the economic and political landscape of a changing global environment. The curriculum brings several traditional fields of study, including business, economics, and public relations, together in new and exciting ways to help students prepare for further studies or careers in business, communication, government, and not‐for-profit organizations. Whether graduates find their niche in starting a business or working in an established community or corporate setting, they will have developed the critical thinking and analytical skills necessary for managing resources, information, and ideas.
- Business Administration
- Digital Media and Game Design
- Sports and Recreation Management
- MS in Management
- MS in Accounting
Online Continuing Education (Undergraduate)
- Healthcare Administration
The mission of the Education Division is:
- To enable students to understand the forces that shape individual and societal dynamics;
- To empower students to be lifelong learners and agents of change;
- To promote a concern in students for enhancing the quality of individual lives;
- To provide a supportive context in which students are encouraged to develop their own ethical world views;
- To develop students’ critical thinking skills;
- To foster creativity and qualities of effective leadership;
- To foster sensitivity to and the appreciation of cultural, ethnic, gender, and generational differences;
- To prepare students for graduate study or immediate entry into professional or pre-professional careers.
Each discipline merges practical skills with theoretical concepts and incorporates “real world” experiences into classroom discussion. Concern for ethical issues in research and practices forms the cornerstone of our philosophy of education.
- Teached Education in eight certification areas
- Outdoor Leadership
- Teacher Conversion in eight certification areas
- Superintendent Certification
- Principal Certification
Arts & Humanities Division
The mission of the Arts & Humanities Division is:
By involving students in both the creative process (the making of expressive forms) and aesthetic experience (the appreciation, understanding, and criticism of expressive forms), the ALTC Collegium develops in students:
- Critical and creative thinking abilities, communication skills, and imaginative capabilities;
- Appreciation and understanding of all the arts in personal, cultural, and comparative contexts;
- Responsiveness toward ethical and humane values in the arts;
- Respect for diverse points of view;
- Understandings of the variety of human cultures and of the connections between peoples and places represented in the arts.
- Communication Studies
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- English as a Second Language
- Integrative Studies in Philosophy and Literature
- Modern Languages
- Political Science
- Women and Gender Studies
- MA in American Studies
- MA in Professional Writing
- MA in Public Policy
- MFA in Creative Writing (Fiction and Poetry)
Online Continuing Education (Undergraduate)
- Criminal Justice
- Liberal Arts
Natural & Social Sciences Division
The Natural & Social Sciences are powerful intellectual disciplines for understanding the universe. As such, they are firmly embedded in the liberal arts and sciences traditions. Our goals are to enable students to develop:
Critical and quantitative thinking to accumulate and analyze reliable knowledge and to make rational and logical decisions based on that knowledge;
Abilities to see scientific methods as universal problem‐solving techniques, and to integrate these techniques into other disciplines and everyday life.
The majors emphasize both theoretical and applied approaches:
- Biology focuses primarily on theoretical aspects of organisms and their environment within the framework of evolution;
- Environmental Science applies this information to the “real world,” the world of human and practical affairs;
- Psychology focuses on human development and interactions with the intent of using this knowledge to better one’s community and world;
- Health Science provides critical background in the natural sciences and facilitates the application to many health care careers;
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies & Sustainability
- Health Sciences
- Minors in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies and Sustainability, Health Sciences, Pychology and Social Work. Additional course work offered in mathematics and physics.
- MS in Human Services
- MS in Mental Health Counseling
Online Continuing Education
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
The purpose of New England College Graduate and Professional Studies is to remove obstacles to educational advancement and open new pathways leading to professional development and personal enrichment. Coursework integrates the conceptual knowledge necessary for understanding complex organizational systems navigating dynamic professional environments with projects applied to contemporary workplaces. Graduate programs are offered on the Henniker campus, online, and on location throughout New England.
Graduate and Professional Studies Programs offer the following degrees: MBA, MA in Public Policy, MA in Professional Writing, Master of Education, MFA in Poetry, MS in Accounting, MS in Higher Education Administration, MS in Human Services, MS in Management, MS in Mental Health Counseling, MS in Sports and Recreation Management. Professional Studies: Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration.