2019-2020 Graduate and Professional Studies Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Business Administration, Computer Information Systems Concentration, M.B.A.
New England College’s Master of Business Administration program provides working professionals and recent graduates with the proven leadership skills needed for today’s rapidly changing global environment. This 40‐credit MBA can be completed in less than two years. The course delivery and structure are specifically designed for working professionals to make the most efficient use of time and to optimize the learning experience.
Our MBA carries forward NEC’s legacy of creating well-rounded management professionals. With an emphasis on practical knowledge and skills, students will learn from faculty experts who are active business leaders. Our student-focused curriculum positions graduates to achieve positive career outcomes with a background in strategic thought and analysis, analytical decision-making, leadership theory and practice, and organizational dynamics in management. Students can choose a concentration in a specific field, or can select elective courses from a wide range of options.
The degree is designed to further students’ knowledge of key leadership elements including problem solving, effective communication, motivation of employees, and negotiation. Through the MBA program, students further their career by developing advanced strategic leadership techniques, leadership tools and skills, and a deep understanding of organizational dynamics in management.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, management information systems, organizational behavior, economics, operations management and qualitative analysis to create effective solutions to organizational and operational challenges independently and as a team
- Evaluate the implications of changing environmental factors on organizational choices within a global environment and formulate solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize technology in multiple ways to formulate and achieve project and/or organizational goals.
- Create and demonstrate the verbal and written communication skills which express ideas clearly, logically, and persuasively.
- Distinguish and formulate solutions to ethical, cultural humility, and inclusion issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect and evaluate information and data in order to formulate analytically sound decisions and understand the likely consequences of those decisions.
- Evaluate the actions and develop solutions to complex challenges of an organization operating in a global business environment.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, collaboration, team-building skills through class projects and involvement in student, community, and/or professional organizations.
Computer Information Systems Concentration*
With the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that technical management positions will grow by 15% over the 5 years, this a an opportune time to pursue an MBA with a concentration in Computer Information Systems. Designed for managers who work in the tech industry, this concentration will provide students with strong analytical management skills coupled with an understanding of how to leverage information systems to achieve strategic business goals.
Outcomes of the concentration in Computer Information Systems:
- Apply management skills, teamwork, and leadership ability to align technical requirements with strategic goals
- Understanding of how to build data-systems that support decision-making
- Proficiency in using data management as a key organizational differentiator
* This concentration is offered on campus ONLY